Quality management issues are responsible for an unfathomable amount of lost revenue. From production delays to recalls, product quality problems can eat up every bit of the profits your organization can generate — in a hurry.
Too many companies invest in software, consultants, or systems — but fail to invest in their #1 resource, their people. At the end of the day, if your team doesn't understand the value of quality and how to implement it at your company, you won't succeed.
There's a lot on the line for life sciences companies. If you want to meet your revenue goals, it's time to look at investing in quality management training for your employees in 2020.
Online training courses can be a great place to start. Here are some of the best in the industry.
7 Top Online Quality Management Training Courses
Investing in quality management training can help your company avoid the revenue loss associated with quality failures, rework, recalls, and delays getting your product to marketing.
Consider the following online courses to help you train your team and implement your new quality systems.
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) was created to address the needs of today's busy professionals. Their online training specializes in areas related directly to medical devices and technologies and was developed in close consultation with regulators, industry leaders, and subject matter experts.
- Guidance on the use of AGILE practices in the development of medical device software
- Principles for Medical Device Security—Risk Management
- Applying Novel Sterilization Processes to Healthcare Products
- Assurance Cases for Medical Devices: Annual Updates from FDA and Industry Practitioners
- Building for the Future: Construction and Renovation of Sterile Processing Facilities, Part I: New Construction
2. 13485 Store
- What are the regulatory implications of Brexit?
- Validation and Verification, are you clear on the requirements?
- Understanding Changes to EN-60601 and How to Maintain MDD Compliance
- Unannounced Audits: The Requirements, BSI's model, implementation, and feedback
- Technical Documentation requirements under MDR, including requirements for your legacy files
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) offers a wide array of training options for pharmaceutical professionals.
Topics covered include:
- Product Quality Lifecycle Implementation (PQLI®): Focusing on Q10
- Introduction to Process Analytical Technology
- HVAC and Utilities: Special Requirements
- The ISPE Quality Metrics Initiative
- A GAMP Interpretation - Annex 11
Udemy gives you the ability to hand-select the specific course options that you need for just about any topic.
You can enjoy training provided directly from industry experts on quality management topics such as:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Auditor Course
- Quality Management for Business Excellence
- Process Validation (101) in ISO 9001/Quality/Risk Management
- Certified Quality Engineer Training
- SAP Quality Management - SAP QM - Training Course
The Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) strives to advance the industry through strong relationships and communication with regulatory bodies around the world.
PDA offers a wide variety of online training programs on topics such as:
- ICH Q7 GMP for APIs
- 2019 PDA Data Integrity Workshop
- Root Cause Investigation for CAPA
- Global Regulatory and CGMPs for Sterile Manufacturing
- Strategies for Reducing Human Error Nonconformances
Alison prides itself on being a socially conscious free learning platform that seeks to be a catalyst for positive change and prosperity for everyone.
Their courses are free, but certifications and diplomas are provided at an additional charge.
- ISO 13485:2016 - Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
- Fundamentals of Quality Standards - Revised 2018
- ISO Management System Audit Techniques and Best Practices
- Diploma in Quality Management - Revised 2017
- Introduction to Quality Management
Related Reading: The 9 Core Elements of a Quality Management System
The Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences (AAPS) offers an online Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Diploma Program. This course is designed to give students comprehensive knowledge and skills in the fields of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance.
The program is taken in three phases over 12 months and includes courses on:
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Pharma Lab Testing
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS)
- Dissolution Testing
- Regulatory Affairs
Free Qualio Resources
We've developed free, downloadable quality management resources which can give your team a jump start on the path to quality excellence.
- The Perfect Quality Assurance Plan for Pharmaceutical Companies: In this guide, you'll learn how to create a perfect quality assurance plan for your pharmaceutical organization which safeguards your company from compliance issues and the reputational and financial damage which comes with product problems and recalls.
- 7 Ways to Improve Medical Device Quality: In this guide, we answer some crucial questions, including: What can I do to improve review processes? How do I identify where quality standards are not being met? How do I establish and use feedback loops successfully? How can I ensure our documents are in order? Can I guarantee that my team is trained appropriately?
How to Track Quality Management Training in an eQMS
Training your team and building a culture of quality is about more than just teaching them essential quality assurance and control. You also need to make sure that each staff member understands their roles inside your company.
That's why we've built quality management training functionality into the core of our enterprise quality management system (eQMS). Qualio's training center allows you to create custom training routines for your employees. You can assign them to groups or individuals and easily track progress throughout your organization. Multiple-choice assessments within each training also help you ensure that they mastered the material presented.
Your Next Step: Schedule a demo of the Qualio training center and see for yourself how you can implement and report on training in your business. You already know that quality is important or you wouldn't have read this far. It's time to let us help you put quality first and claim your competitive advantage.