First Module of EUDAMED on Actor Registration Open
The European Commission has launched registration for the first module of the future European Medical Device Database. MDR EUDAMED is the first IT system developed by the European Commission to implement and manage Regulation (EU) 2017/745 and Regulation (EU) 2017/746.
This is the first of six EUDAMED modules.
The European Commission, in agreement with the Medical Device Coordination Group (MDCG), will soon make available additional modules on a gradual basis. Moreover, the European Commission is not in a position to require the use of the module until EUDAMED is fully functional in accordance to the Medical Device Regulation (MDR). The registration module enables operators to submit, by the means of an actor registration request, the information needed to access and obtain a Single Registration Number (SRN).
Every economic operator, including EU and non-EU manufacturers, authorized representatives, systems/procedure pack products and importers must register as an actor in EUDAMED. The process is simple.
Documents to Provide With Actor Registration Request
1. Declaration on Information Security Responsibilities: Actors must upload a signed Declaration on Information Security Responsibilities.
2. Mandate Summary Document: To register in EUDAMED, non-EU manufacturers must submit a Mandate Summary Document. For those already registered in EUDAMED, all persons who intend to act on behalf of the actor must enter an Access Request
Technical Resources and Documentation
- Actor Module Business Process
- Actor Module Business Rules
- AIM-Business Process
- AIM-Business Rules
- MDCG 2020-15
Qualio Powers EU Medical Device Manufacturers
As an industry-leading QMS provider, Qualio powers major medical device manufacturers in the EU and beyond. Gain visibility into your teams, processes, and data. Additionally, Qualio makes it easy to streamline product development as you scale, including premarket activities, registration, and regulatory compliance.
Qualio's focus is in four critical areas:
- Breeze Through Compliance: Achieve FDA 21 CFR Part 820, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 13485 & 14971 audit-readiness with ease.
- Get to Market Faster: Enable real-time feedback capabilities across a distributed workforce to generate revenue sooner.
- Scale Effortlessly: Avoid having to re-platform in the middle of the crucial startup and scale-up stages.
- End-to-End Traceability: Track every change and action from beginning to end with fully integrated, closed-loop quality processes.
To get started, we recommend requesting a free product demonstration. We'll show you five major features of the QMS, including document control, assign and track training, identify and capture quality events, streamline product development, and access closed-loop quality management.